Rente im Ausland


Neubrandenburg Tax Office – the tax office for pensioners abroad

Since 1 January 2005 new rules have applied to the taxation of pensions. Pensioners who are resident abroad are also affected by this. If you do not have your place of residence or habitual abode in Germany, but still receive pension payments from Germany, Neubrandenburg Tax Office is responsible for you. Taking into account the double taxation agreements that have been concluded between Germany and other countries, the tax office will use your tax return to decide whether you have to pay tax in Germany and, if so, how much. You can find further information about this on the website.

Our subjects for you


Tax legislation

This section contains questions and answers about the legal basis for taxing pensions that are payable to beneficiaries abroad.


Tax return

This section tells you what about the facts you need to consider when submitting your tax return.


Important information

This section provides important information about the questions that may arise once you have submitted your tax return.



You can download all of the forms required for the 2005 tax year onwards here.



We have put together some frequently asked questions and answers here.



Still have a question? You can find out how to contact us here.